When do I get paid?

UAH is on a biweekly payroll schedule. Please see our page showing the biweekly calendars for details on pay periods and with which pay dates they correspond.

How do I change my address?

If you would like the change your address in Banner, please send an updated PAF to HR. 

What is FICA?

FICA is also known as Social Security tax and is imposed from the Federal Insurance Contributions Acts. The rate is 6.20% of the gross base wage. All employees are subject; the wage base limit for 2023 is $160,200.  Generally, students can be exempt if they meet the IRS requirements for student exemption.

What is FICA Med?

FICA Med is the Medicare portion of FICA. The rate is 1.45% of the applicable gross wage base. There is no wage base limit for Medicare tax.

What is Additional FICA Med?

There is an additional FICA Medicare tax of .09% on those employees whose applicable gross wage base pay is greater than $200,000 in the calendar year.

How do I change my tax withholdings?

You are welcome to stop by our office at SKH 151 to complete new withholding forms OR download them from our forms page on this site. The Federal form is the W-4 and the State form is the A-4. ;We also offer the ability to change your Federal tax withholdings in Banner Self Service under the Employee Menu ->Tax Forms -> W4 Tax Exemptions or Allowances and choose 'Update' to make your changes. *Note - your first W4 on file with the University must be on paper but subsequent changes can be made online in Banner.

Can I get my check early?

It is the policy of UAH to not issue any checks early to any employee.

I didn't receive my mailed W-2? What should I do?

If you consented to the online copy of your W-2, you will not receive a mailed copy until you remove consent from Banner. If you did not consent and still didn't receive a mailed W-2 after the first week of February, please call our office at (256) 824-2252 and we can print a replacement copy for you. For all current employees, we place a copy of the W-2 in Banner for convenience. If consent is made, only the online copy is received. If consent is not made (no action), then you will receive the mailed copy only.

I am a former employee of UAH and expect to receive a W-2 next year, but I have moved. How can I receive my W-2?

You can email us your new address and specify that you want your final W-2 to be mailed there. We will make the appropriate changes to get your W-2 to you on time.