An applicant who does not wish to pursue a degree program at UAH, but wishes to follow courses independently may enter as a non-degree seeking student with departmental approval. Standard tuition and fees apply to students who take courses as non-degree student.

A non-degree student who later decides to pursue a master’s degree may apply a maximum of 12 graduate hours earned as a non-degree student. A minimum grade of B- is required for each course to be eligible for transfer to a master’s program. A non-degree student who wishes to be considered for admission to a degree program must submit the application and supporting documents and test scores ordinarily required for admission to the degree program.

Students who wish to enroll as a non-degree student must have courses approved by the department before they can be admitted. Please obtain required signatures by completing the Non-degree Course Signature Form below. Course approval and signatures should be obtain prior to completing your application and paying the $60.00 non-refundable application fee.

Non-Degree Course Signature Form


Students who enroll as a non-degree student are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid.

Individuals with an F-1, F-2 Academic Student Visa, or B Visitor's Visa are not eligible to apply to a non-degree program per federal regulations.