Students who have previously attended an accredited college or university after completing a high school diploma or its equivalent may apply as a transfer student.

Before starting your application through Charger Status, get an overview of the process and review application requirements below. If you have any questions along the way, we’re here to help!

Create Your Charger Status Account

Charger Status will help you navigate the UAH admissions process.

Charger Status allows you to:

  • Apply for admission and check the status of your application
  • Track what items have been received by the Office of Admissions
  • View a to-do list of next steps to help you stay on track
  • Register for daily campus visits and events
  • Receive important information regarding the admissions process, scholarship opportunities, and upcoming events

Submit Your Application

Apply Online through your Charger Status account.

Log in to your Charger Status account, submit your application, and pay the nonrefundable $30 application fee.

Prefer a paper application?

Admissions Requirements

Each applicant is evaluated based on individual merit and demonstrated success in a rigorous academic environment.

  • Applicant must hold a minimum overall college "C" average (2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale), along with a minimum "C" average (2.0 GPA) in all transferrable courses.
  • Applicant's previous institution(s) must be regionally accredited.
  • Applicant must be in good standing at previous institution(s).
  • An official final transcript will be required as soon as it is available for any work completed after submitting the application for admission.

Submit Your Transcripts & Scores

Complete your application by submitting the required documents.

College Transcripts

Send official college transcript(s) from all previously attended colleges/universities to UAH through an electronic delivery service. UAH accepts official transcripts from ParchmentStudent Clearinghouse, and Scoir.  

If your college/university does not have access to these services, request that they send your official hard-copy transcripts to:

UAH Admissions
SSB, Suite 106
301 Sparkman Drive
Huntsville, AL 35899

Students with Fewer than 24 Academic Credit Hours

If you have fewer than 24 academic credit hours, you must also submit the following:

  • High School Transcripts

    Send your official high school transcripts to UAH through an electronic delivery service such as Docufide/Parchment, E-Scrip, or Student Clearinghouse.

    If your school does not have access to these services, request that they send your official hard-copy transcripts to:

    UAH Admissions
    SSB, Suite 106
    301 Sparkman Drive
    Huntsville, AL 35899

  • ACT/SAT Scores

    Have your official ACT or SAT scores sent directly to UAH by the testing agency.

    School code: 0053

    School code: 1854

    High school graduates who have been out of high school for five or more years may not be required to submit ACT or SAT test scores. We accept ACT or SAT scores listed on your official high school transcript.


Academic records for high school or college education received outside of the U.S. must be evaluated by a credential evaluation service and should include a document-by-document (high school) or course-by-course (college) evaluation and a grade point average for each institution attended. Applicants are responsible for contacting the evaluation agency directly so that the evaluation agency can send the official evaluation report to UAH. Acceptable evaluation services include Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. International Education ConsultantsWorld Education Services, Inc.Lisano International, or Spantran.

Transfer Credit Eligibility

UAH accepts credits from regionally-accredited institutions. The official credit evaluation does not take place until after you have been admitted. Once credit has been evaluated, you can review transfer credit on your Academic Transcript through To get an idea of what credits may transfer prior to completing the admissions process, visit our Transfer Equivalency page or schedule an appointment with an academic advisor in the college of your major.

Transferring from a 4-Year College

If you are transferring from an accredited four-year institution, you may transfer an unlimited number of semester hours, with the exception of technical, remedial, vocational, and orientation credits. UAH requires that 25% of total requirements and 12 of the final 18 degree hours are completed with UAH courses.

Transferring from a 2-Year College

If you are transferring from a junior, community, or two-year college, you may transfer a maximum of 50% of a degree program. Exceptions require written approval from the dean of the college in which you are enrolled.

Statewide Articulation Reporting System (STARS)

If you are transferring from a public two-year community college in Alabama, visit the STARS website to select a major and access a list of community colleges and core courses that will apply to your program of choice.