If you do not wish to pursue a degree program at UAH but wish to take courses independently, you may enter as a non-degree-seeking student with departmental approval.

Standard tuition and fees apply to students who take courses as a non-degree student.

Can I transfer UAH non-degree credits to a degree program?

If you later decide to pursue a master’s degree, you may apply a maximum of 12 graduate hours earned as a non-degree student. A non-degree student who wishes to be considered for admission to a degree program must submit the application and supporting documents and test scores ordinarily required for admission to the degree program. A minimum grade of B- is required for each course to be eligible for transfer to a degree program.

Apply as a Non-Degree Student

  • Submit course signature form

    Use the Non-Degree Course Signature Form to obtain approval from the academic department to which you're applying.

  • Submit undergraduate transcripts

    Email your undergraduate transcripts to Kim Gray at grayk@uah.edu. (Unofficial is accepted for non-degree)


  • Students who enroll as a non-degree student are not eligible for federal financial aid.
  • Individuals with an F-1 or F-2 Academic Student Visa, or a B Visitor's Visa are not eligible to apply to a non-degree program per federal regulations.


Contact Graduate Admissions