Students who have earned at least a high school diploma but have no immediate degree plans should apply as a Non Degree student.

Additionally, students who are currently enrolled at another college but want to take courses at UAH as a visiting/transient student for one term, with credits transferring back to their home institution, should also apply as a Non Degree student.

Before starting your application through Charger Status, get an overview of the process and review application requirements below. If you have any questions along the way, we’re here to help!

Create Your Charger Status Account

Charger Status will help you navigate the UAH admissions process.

Charger Status allows you to:

  • Apply for admission and check the status of your application
  • Track what items have been received by the Office of Admissions
  • View a to-do list of next steps to help you stay on track
  • Register for daily campus visits and events
  • Receive important information regarding the admissions process

Submit Your Application

Apply Online through your Charger Status account.

Log in to your Charger Status account, submit your application, and pay the nonrefundable $40 application fee.

Prefer a paper application?

Admissions Requirements

  • Applicants must hold a minimum overall college "C" average (2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale) from their most recently attended institution.

Submit Your Transcript & Scores

Send official high school transcript, GED scores, or official college transcript from the college/university you most recently attended at the undergraduate level to the Office of Admissions.


Send your official transcripts to UAH through an electronic delivery service. UAH accepts official transcripts from ParchmentStudent Clearinghouse, and Scoir

If your school does not have access to these services, request that they send your official hard-copy transcripts to:

UAH Admissions
301 Sparkman Drive
SSB, Suite 106
Huntsville, AL 35899


Academic records for high school or college education received outside of the U.S. must be evaluated by a credential evaluation service and should include a document-by-document (high school) or course-by-course (college) evaluation and a grade point average for each institution attended. Applicants are responsible for contacting the evaluation agency directly so that the evaluation agency can send the official evaluation report to UAH. Acceptable evaluation services include Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. International Education ConsultantsWorld Education Services, Inc.Lisano International, or SpanTran


  • If you are currently enrolled at another college but wish to take courses at UAH as a visiting student for one term, with credits transferring back to their home institution, you must apply for admission as a Non Degree student. UAH does not require a letter of transiency; however, an official transcript from your current or most recently attended institution is required.

  • Non Degree students are only eligible to take 12 hours that can be counted towards a degree program at UAH. If you're a current student and wish to change your non degree enrollment status, you must reapply for admission as a degree-seeking student and submit all required supplemental items. You will not be able to register for classes as a degree-seeking student until you have completed the application process and have been offered admission as degree-seeking student.

  • Complete the Charger Checklist

    Once you've been offered admission to UAH, view the Charger Checklist to complete your next steps as an admitted student. 


    Registration assignments for this category are granted after all degree seeking categories. Non Degree students are ineligible for financial aid, scholarships, or teaching/research assistantships.

    Ready to Apply?

    Apply Online

    Related Links