recycling cardboard only takes 75 of the energy needed to make new cardboard. over 90 of all products shipped in the us are shipped in corrugated boxes recycling 1 ton of cardboard saves 46 gallons of oil 2

Information about Cardboard recycling:


All cardboard should be placed in a cardboard-specific receptacle shown in the map attached, HERE

Recycling Outreach and Resources:

Learn more about how you can recycle these other items:

Donate Eyeglasses & Sunglasses  Plastic Cap Recycling Program Pop Tab Recycling Program
Donate Clothing, Rags, & Furniture Upcycle Plastic Bags Terracycle Recycling Programs

Recyclemania Activities

Recycle personal electronics, appliances, ink cartridges Huntsville Operation Green Team

Recycling UAH Property:

Surplus Property:

Any University owned item designated salvageable but unusable or obsolete may be claimed as surplus or transferred to another department. All surplus items must be disposed of in accordance with state law and University procedures. Surplus property auctions are currently handled exclusively through Govdeals. Govdeals is a public online auction website specializing in the sale of surplus property from state and local governments.

Asset Management Forms

Additional Items:

  • Electronic Waste
  • Ink & Toner Cartridges
  • Gas Cylinders

Central Receiving Forms

Universal Waste:

  • Fluorescent Lamps
  • Compact Fluorescents
  • Shatter Shields 
  • U-Bend & Circular Lamps
  • HID Lamps - Mercury Vapor, Metal Halide, High-Pressure Sodium
  • Low-Pressure Sodium Bulbs
  • 2" Grooved Fluorescents
  • 4' & 8' Fluorescents with Ballast Attached
  • UV Lamps
  • Neon Lamps
  • Spent Lead-Acid, Nickel/Cadmium, Mercury and Alkaline* Batteries
  • Certain and Unused Pesticides
  • Ballasts (with PCBS)
  • Mercury-Containing Thermostats

Hazardous/Regulated Waste Pick-Up Request