Criminal Activity

What to do if you observe criminal activity:

If you observe a crime in progress or behavior which you suspect is criminal, immediately notify University Police (911 or 256-824-6911). Report as much information as possible including what the person(s) is/are doing; where it is happening; physical and clothing description of those involved; are weapons involved, if so what type; vehicle description and license number if appropriate; direction of travel when last seen. DO NOT APPROACH OR ATTEMPT TO APPREHEND THE PERSON(S) INVOLVED. Stay on the telephone with the police dispatcher and provide additional information as changes with the situation occur until the first police officer arrives at your location.

Silent Witness

For non-emergency situations, UAH also offers the "Silent Witness" program.  Silent Witness is a reporting format that allows the caller to leave information regarding suspicious or criminal activity while remaining anonymous. Upon submitting this form, an email is sent directly to the police department. This form should be utilized to report information to the police regarding possible criminal/suspicious activity, which includes illegal drugs or illegal use of prescription medications, weapons, theft, underage drinking, assault, sexual assault, burglary, etc.

If your situation requires an immediate response, do not submit a Silent Witness report. Call the UAH Police directly at 256-824-6911 or dial 911 for emergency situations.