Applications to the English Graduate Program should be submitted at least two months before the start of the semester you plan to begin your studies. However, if you miss the deadline to apply for Graduate Degree status, you can take up to 12 hours of coursework as a non-degree student and apply them toward your graduate degree. To do so, complete your application for Graduate Non-Degree status for the upcoming semester, and then complete your application for Graduate Degree status for the following semester.

If you have any questions about your particular situation, check with the department before you file an application.