Is CAPP the OFFICIAL degree audit?

No, a CAPP Degree Evaluation is not considered OFFICIAL. The official degree audit is certified by Academic Departments and finally by the Office of the Registrar.

Do I no longer need to see my advisor about my degree progress?

No. CAPP is not a replacement for advising. Rather, it is a tool that should be used with your advisor's guidance to monitor your academic progress.

Why should I use CAPP?

CAPP degree evaluation is a tool that can be used to assist with advising and/or to verify completed graduation requirements. Ideally, you should check the CAPP degree evaluation at the end of each term to verify the progress of your degree requirements and also when registering for future terms. CAPP degree evaluation is a tool that should be used with your advisor(s) to monitor your academic progress. CAPP is not a replacement for advising. Additionally, CAPP is accessible via the web, you view the same information as your advisor, and changes are updated live.

Who can use the degree evaluation?

The degree evaluation can be used by undergraduate students, faculty, and administrative staff.

When can I view my evaluation?

Your evaluation can be generated and viewed at any time using Banner Self-Service. However, ITS will temporarily take down the system for updates, maintenance, and nightly processes. On occasion, the system will be down for extended periods of time. Prior to these events, ITS will notify the campus and provide a time line.

What is available in the degree evaluation?

In the CAPP compliance you will find Program Information, such as degree, major, minor, concentration, and catalog term. Also, you will see details about General Education, Major, Minor, and/or Elective requirements.

What do I do if CAPP lists curriculum information (degree, major, minor, concentrations) incorrectly?

To update curriculum information, your advisor must submit an updated Program of Study to your college's advising center or Dean's office. If you are changing colleges, please submit a Change of College form, available in the Registrar's Office (SSB 120).

Why aren't courses that I am currently repeating showing on my degree evaluation?

When a course is present in academic history and is not marked as an "Excluded" course, CAPP will attempt to use that course to meet a detail requirement. If the course's grade is lower than the minimum grade specified in the compliance requirement, then the course will not be used.

If the course is listed as a non-repeatable course, then the occurrence of the same course that is present in registration will be viewed as exceeding the repeat limit and will not be used.

Once the course in registration is subsequently passed and its grade is rolled to academic history, running the repeat process will assign it an "Include" repeat status. The earlier course in history with the lower grade will be given an "Exclude" repeat status. When a compliance is subsequently run, CAPP will attempt to use the "included" course.

When I print out my degree evaluation, how do I get the last column on the right to appear?

Select a smaller text size for your web browser before printing (View menu, select Text Size, select Smaller). You can also elect 'Landscape' instead of 'Portrait' in your printing preferences to ensure that all of the text prints on the page.

How does my transcript differ from my degree evaluation?

Transcripts are a chronological account of all coursework on a student record. The CAPP Degree Evaluation takes this coursework and attempts to fulfill degree requirements.

Does the CAPP Degree Evaluation use all of my courses?

CAPP searches through courses taken at UAH, in-progress courses, and transfer credit to find courses that match the degree requirements. The following will not be used by CAPP to complete requirements: courses with incomplete grades, withdrawals, failed courses, repeated courses, and courses using the course repeat policy.

How often is my CAPP Degree Evaluation updated?

A degree evaluation updates when degree requirements change or when information on your student record is updated (such as a grade change, late add, etc.). In order to see these updates, you must Generate a New Evaluation.

Why is all my transfer work not being used toward my degree requirements?

One, the transfer work is not equivalent to a UAH course. Two, your advisor or department has not processed a Transfer Equivalency or CAPP Adjustments form. Three, the Office of Records does not have an updated transcript with the courses in question.