RN-BSN Admissions Criteria

  1. Admission to the RN-BSN track requires admission to the University as well as the following minimum requirements:
    1. Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0
    2. Graduation from an accredited associate degree nursing program or a diploma program
    3. Licensure must be from an approved state. Verification of your state's eligibility is provided by the College of Nursing.
  2. Registered nurse students must possess an unencumbered current license and maintain this status throughout the program. A registered nurse student will not be allowed to continue in the program if the nursing license is placed on probation, suspended, or revoked.

Progression and Graduation Standards

  1. Outstanding co-requisite courses may be completed while taking nursing courses. However, it is advised that outstanding co-requisite courses be completed prior to beginning the curriculum. Of the last 18 credit hours, 12 must be completed at UAH to be awarded a degree.
  2.  A minimum grade of "C" or above must be earned in all required nursing courses and all co-requisite courses. The UAH College of Nursing adheres to the following grade scale: A (90-100), B (80-89), C (75-79), D (60-74), F (less than 60)
  3. An overall "C" grade point average is required for graduation.
  4. A student who receives two or more grades below "C" in required nursing courses, in either the same course or in separate courses, at any time during the program will be dismissed from the College of Nursing. Students may apply for readmission following the guidelines published in the BSN Student Handbook.

The University of Alabama in Huntsville accepts transfer credit only from regionally accredited institutions.

Registered nurse students must be licensed or eligible for licensure at the time of application. Licensure must be obtained prior to beginning, and maintained throughout the program. If a student is permitted to meet course clinical requirements in a state other than Alabama, the student must be licensed in that state.

Compatible States

Licensing requirements of the states highlighted in blue are compatible with our programs.

compatible states map


Send your official transcripts to UAH through an electronic delivery service such as Docufide/Parchment, E-Scrip, or Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not have access to these services, you can request that the school send an official hard-copy of the transcript to:

UAH Admissions
301 Sparkman Drive
SSB, Suite 106
Huntsville, AL 35899