Inspira Financial (formerly PayFlex)

Online: Inspira | Phone: 800.284.4885

Summary of Benefits

FAQs | Healthcare FSA Privacy Notice

UAH employees can take advantage of flexible spending accounts (FSAs), which are pretax reimbursement accounts administered by PayFlex for eligible medical and dependent care expenses.  Money set aside in these accounts will reduce your taxable income, providing you with more value for the dollar. 

Employees must re-enroll in the FSA program during the annual open enrollment for each calendar year.


Flexible Spending AccountHealth Insurance2024 Contribution LimitCommon Eligible Expenses
Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Traditional PPO Plan $3,050
(use-it-or-lose-it rule applies)

Medical copays, coinsurance and deductibles

Dental expenses

Vision expenses

Prescription Drugs

More Information...

Dependent Care Account  -

$2,500 - married taxpayers
filing separate returns

Child and adult care expenses

More Information...

Watch the videos below to learn more about FSA accounts.

Healthcare FSA

Manage Your FSA Online

Dependent Care FSA

FSA Debit Card    


Inspira Resources 

Savings Calculator | PayFlex Mobile and PayFlex Card I Inspira Debit Card

Direct Deposit Election Form | FSA Claim FormI Quick Reference Guide I Health Care FSA Flyer

Plan Features…

  • Inspira/PayFlex Card (debit card) - provides a simple way to spend the money in your FSA account.  It is similar to a debit card since it electronically accesses the money loaded onto the card, when used to pay for eligible expenses.  All you need to do is select your eligible item, swipe your card, and save your receipt!  The Inspria/PayFlex Card is available only to Healthcare FSA participants.
  • eNotify – receive email notifications or web alerts regarding your account.
  • Mobile app – real-time access to your account through Inspira Mobile application. Submit claims and upload your receipts to substantiate debit card transactions. 
  • Claim reimbursements - can be submitted online, fax or by mail. 
  • FSA Store- PayFlex partners with FSA Store, a program that gives you access to exclusive discounts, tools, and services that bring additional value to your FSA beyond tax savings alone. The FSA Store provides a comprehensive selection of over 2,500 FSA eligible services and products that you can use your FSA dollars towards. Products are 100% eligibility guarantee with no substantiation or receipt requirement


  • The use-it-or-lose-it rule applies.
    • Any money not used for services incurred during the plan year will be forfeited.
  • You can set aside pretax money via payroll deductions to pay for health care and dependent care expenses not covered by your benefit plan.
  • The pretax savings you set aside in your FSA must be used for eligible expenses.
  • Debit card feature allows you to pay for eligible expenses at point of sale for your health care FSA.
  • Deadline for submitting claims incurred in the prior plan year is 90 days after the plan year ends.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a FSA?

A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is an employee benefit program that allows you to set aside money on a pre-tax basis for certain kinds of common expenses. With an FSA, you can reduce your taxes while paying for necessary services or expenses. The two types of accounts available are Medical Care Reimbursement and Dependent Care Reimbursement.

The Medical Care Reimbursement Account covers eligible health care expenses not reimbursed by any medical, dental or vision care plan you or your dependents may incur during the plan year. This includes deductibles, co-payments, and other non-covered expenses. 

The Dependent Care Reimbursement Account covers eligible dependent care expenses incurred so you and your spouse, if married, can work, look for work, or your spouse can attend school full-time. 

Who Is Eligible?

All regular, full-time employees may participate in the FSA plan. Qualifying medical expenses include expenses incurred for yourself and anyone you claim as a dependent on your federal income tax return. Qualifying dependent care expenses include expenses for your dependent children under age 13 and a person of any age whom you claim as a dependent on your federal income tax return and who is physically or mentally incapable of caring for himself or herself.

When can I enroll?

An open enrollment period is held once each year (approximately from mid November to mid December) for the following plan year. Payroll deductions begin with the January paycheck and are deducted from 24 paychecks. New employees have 30 days from their first day of employment to enroll. If new employees do not enroll during this 30 day period, they will be given the opportunity to enroll at the Open Enrollment period each year. Once enrolled, changes in contributions can NOT be made unless you have a change in status such as marriage, divorce, birth of a child, spouse employment change, or death of a spouse or dependent.

What are the Advantages?

Under Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code, amounts contributed to an FSA are NOT subject to federal and state income taxes or social security taxes. Employees who participate benefit by reducing their taxable income in order to increase their level of "take-home" pay.

How do I submit a claim?

You can submit a claim for an eligible expense at any time during the plan year (January - December).   You have 90 days after the end of the plan year to submit claims. You should include appropriate documentation to support your claims, such as itemized receipts or an explanation of benefits from your insurance company. Click here to learn more about how you can submit your claim for reimbursement.

What happens at termination?

If you terminate employment, your participation in the plan will end and no further salary reduction contributions can be made for medical reimbursement or for dependent care reimbursement. If you still have money in your flexible spending accounts, you have access to these monies for any expenses you incurred prior to your termination date.  Those claims must be filed by March 30 of the following year.