rsz cva 1354

When a student signs a housing contract, the student is committing for the Fall and Spring semester of that academic year. However, a student can request to be released from their housing contract for multiple reasons. Submitting the paperwork is not automatic and a decision has to be made. Below are reasons to request a termination of the housing contract:

  • Withdrawing from the University
  • Not enrolled at the University for the semester
  • Graduating
  • Extenuating Circumstance (proper documentation required)

To submit a request to be released from the housing contract, an Intent to Vacate form will need to be filled out. The form can be picked up in the Resident Director’s Office of each area, the Main Housing Office or downloaded here.  Once the resident has filled out the ITV form they will need to meet with their respective Resident Director. If the request is approved, a move out deadline, check out procedures, and charge details will be sent in the decision email.

The UAH housing office does require a 15 days notice for residents in a single student suite and 30 days for residents in a one-bedroom apartment. If notice is not received, an Improper Checkout fee of $100 and other possible charges will be assessed to the student's UAH account.