Student Health Clinic 3361 1

Immunization Requirements

Students must submit completed immunization forms and/or supporting documentation to the Student Health Center at least 30 days before the start of classes. All students, regardless of classification, must have:

  1. Proof of 2 doses of a Measles vaccination if you were born after 1956. One of the these doses must be an MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccination after 1980.
  2. Proof of, within the last 5 years, a Meningococcal ACWY vaccination IF you will be a first time freshmen and/or a student living in on-campus housing.
  3. A completed Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire for all students.

If applicable, acceptable proof of Tuberculosis testing that is no more than twelve months old. The Student Health Center staff will notify you if this is needed once you have submitted the Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire via the UAH Health Portal.

Submit Immunization Requirements

You may submit your official immunization certificate presuming it contains all the necessary information, or you can have your health care provider complete and sign the immunization form. The student should complete the Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire as acceptable proof of Tuberculosis screening. These forms should be uploaded to the UAH Health Portal via Medical Clearances.

Students enrolled prior to Fall 2022 who have an Immunization noncompliance HOLD please email to turn in missing documents.


Where do I send my immunization information?

You should upload your documents and immunization dates via the UAH Health Portal at

It is acceptable to take a picture of your documents to upload, providing they are legible.

I am only taking one class; do I have to submit immunizations?

Yes, for the protection of all our students in close proximity in our classrooms, all students are required to submit immunization records.

If I am going to be attending next semester, can I get my required immunizations at the Student Health Center?

Yes, if you have been officially admitted to UAH.

What immunizations are required?

Short answer: 2 MMR vaccines, 1 meningococcal ACWY(MenA) vaccine age 16+, and complete the TB Risk Questionnaire. See below for more details.

The University requires all students born after 1956 to have had 2 doses of measles (rubeola) vaccine. One dose must have been a Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) vaccine received after 1980. Students ages 30 and older may submit evidence of one MMR if the dose was received after 1980. A copy of a blood test (titer) showing proof of immunity from measles (rubeola), mumps, and rubella can be submitted in lieu of the vaccine.

A Meningococcal ACWY vaccine within the past five (5) years is required for all first time freshmen and all students living in on-campus residence halls.

All students are required to complete the Tuberculosis Screening questionnaire. Further tuberculosis testing may be required based upon information received on the screening form.

Students who are screened and found to have a positive screening test will not be permitted to attend classes until follow-up testing can be completed and it is determined there is no active Tuberculosis disease.

Your health care provider should complete and sign the immunization form as an acceptable proof of immunization or you may submit an official immunization certificate. These forms should be uploaded to the UAH Health Portal.

I cannot find my immunizations, how else can I meet the requirements?

The first and best option to show proof of the university required immunizations is your childhood immunization records. Check with your parents, family doctor offices, health departments, high schools, etc. If you are unable to locate your immunization records below are 2 options:

  1. Obtain the vaccination(s) from your local Healthcare Provider’s office as well as pharmacies or walk-in clinics.
  2. If you are sure you obtained the vaccine(s) at some point in your life, you may choose to obtain a blood test known as a titer from your local Healthcare Provider’s office. This blood test can determine if you are immune to measles, mumps, and rubella. *In the event you are not immune to the disease you will need to obtain the vaccine(s). There is not a titer available for meningococcal ACWY.

I have had a positive skin or blood test for Tuberculosis; do I have to get another one?

No, we ask you submit your positive results and results from a chest x-ray done in the United States in the past 12 months prior to the start of classes.