A student has provided a Letter of Accommodation, what do I do next?
  1. The accommodation process begins with the student and faculty/department. Every effort should be made to accommodate students at this level, particularly for basic accommodations such as extended time or reduced distraction testing environment.
  2. If faculty or departments are unable to provide accommodations, refer the student to Testing Services for proctoring, as you would for any student who needs exam proctoring. Requests for proctoring can be directed to Annette Murray at 256.824.6725 or testing@uah.edu.
  3. Disability Support Services will help administer exams for students that need advanced accommodations such as assistive technology to access and respond to test content, interpreting/captioning, readers/scribes, etc. For students in upper division or highly technical courses, Disability Support Services may not have the content knowledge necessary to provide readers or scribes. The faculty or department may be asked to assist with this accommodation.