We all know that United Way does great things within our community and elsewhere.  But what do you know about the agencies the YOU support when you give to United Way?  It’s not enough just to know that you are supporting these wonderful organizations – we want you to know what they do and how to contact them as well.  You never know when difficult times may hit close to home and knowing that someone is there to help can be life-changing.

The National Children’s Advocacy Center (NCAC), located in Huntsville, Alabama, revolutionized the United States’ response to child sexual abuse. Since its creation in 1985, the NCAC has served as a model for the 1000+ Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs) now operating in the United States and in more than 33 countries throughout the world.

A closer look at NCAC in Madison County in 2017-2018:

  • 9,109 students participated in prevention programs in local school systems
  • 902 home visits to address needs of over-burdened first-time parents
  • 380 families were connected to needed community resources
  • 735 child abuse cases reviewed by the Madison County Multidisciplinary Team
  • 431 caregivers participated in Intervention Program Services
  • 574 forensic interviews of children conducted this past year
  • 149 alleged victims received specialized medical exams
  • 2,060 hours of evidence-based therapy provided to 180 clients who experienced child abuse
Did you know? 

Our UAH Kappa Delta chapter, Epsilon Lambda, donates 80 percent of its monies raised to local child-abuse prevention agencies which include NCAC. The remaining 20 percent goes to the Kappa Delta Foundation to support Prevention Child Abuse America’s national programs. Just another way our STUDENTS are making positive impacts in the lives of others right here in our own backyard!

Since 1979, CASA (Care Assurance System for the Aging and Homebound) of Madison County has been changing lives…one home at a time. CASA is a non-profit agency located in Huntsville, Alabama that provides services to individuals age 60 and older and to the homebound (wheelchair and bed bound) of all ages.

A closer look at CASA of Madison County 2017-2018:

  • Partnering with the American Red Cross, CASA of Madison County was able to provide 253 clients smoke alarms.
  • CASA provided services to 293 Veterans and their families.
  • 1,273 rides provided through volunteers helping seniors have access to medical care.
Did you know?

97% of CASA clients live at the low to moderate income levels and need assistance in numerous ways. Would you like take the extra step and be a CASA volunteer?

You can make a positive impact, too! Donate to United Way today and support making the CHANGE that matters!

Remember you can make your donation through ePledge! Check your email for your personalized link. 

To submit an announcement, contact omc@uah.edu.
More info