Do you accept transfer credit?

Yes, in certain circumstances, we do accept transfer credits for courses that closely match our existing offerings. For our basic M.A. programs, such transfer credits are approved at the discretion of the Director of English Graduate Studies, and may include no more than 9 hours of graduate credit (with 9 hours of coursework in literature still performed at UAH). The Technical Writing certificate program is somewhat more restrictive in that it accepts only 6 transfer hours. For teacher certification programs, the transfer requirements are more generous, provided the program continues to meet the degree requirements of the institution (meaning primarily that any prerequisites may have been completed elsewhere but that coursework toward the M.A. should be completed at UAH).