UAH will accept almost every form of employer or sponsored tuition assistance. Please check with your employer first to see whether they are willing to pay your tuition and how (e.g.: through contract with UAH or student reimbursement). Most employers or sponsors will choose to reimburse students at the end of a semester after grades are posted. In such cases the student is responsible for paying his/her tuition and fees themselves by the first day of the semester.

Employers or sponsors who are willing to pay a student's tuition/fees up front at the beginning of a semester will need to submit to the UAH Bursar's Office the appropriate paper work (typically a written authorization) by the first day of the semester. Please check with the organization that will be sponsoring your tuition to be certain whether or not it is classified as a scholarship. Aid specifically designated as a scholarship by the sponsor must go through the Office of Financial Aid rather than the UAH Bursar's Office. The most frequently accepted employer/sponsors include, but are not limited to:

Boeing Corporation, Teledyne Brown, Department of Defense (all branches), Colsa Corporation, SpecPro, US Air Force ROTC, Alabama Vocational Rehabilitation, Alabama GI Bill, and Alabama Veteran Dependents.

In the event sponsor benefits are exhausted, the student is responsible for either paying his/her tuition and fees or making other financial arrangements by the first day of the semester.

Establish Third Party Contract

If your employer or sponsoring agency does not already have a contract established with the University to pay your tuition and fees and they would like to establish such an account the following items and information is required:

  • Exact name of organization
  • Contact person(s)
  • Contact phone
  • Billing address
  • Business address
  • What types of fees your organization will pay (be as specific as possible)
  • Maximum dollar amount your organization will pay in fees each semester, if applicable
  • Last semester your organization will pay your tuition and fees (this is known as the Expiration Term)

This must be submitted on company letterhead to the Bursar's Office and signed by the authorizing official of your organization. This should done before the semester begins in order to ensure proper credit to your account. Since third party tuition assistance represents payment just the same as if you paid cash, our office needs this information by the first day of the semester to avoid late payment fees and/or having your class schedule canceled. Late payment fees will not be waived if tuition assistance authorizations are received after a semester begins.

If you are enrolled in a Professional and Continuing Studies course and your organization will pay those fees, please contact the Professional and Continuing Studies Office for instructions on how to set up a third party contact.