Eligibility Requirements for Admission to UAH

  1. Do you have U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency?
    • YES - Please complete the domestic application for admission.
    • NO - Please complete the international application for admission.

  2. Have you received any education (secondary or university level) outside of the U.S.?
    • YES - You must submit certified academic records from each secondary or university institution that you have attended. All academic records must be sent in the original language with a certified English translation. In addition, academic records for education received outside of the U.S. must be evaluated by a credential evaluation service.
    • NO - If you completed all of your education inside the U.S., you are required to provide official academic transcripts from each secondary or university institution attended.

  3. Do you have 24 or more hours of university level coursework from an accredited institution OR have you been out of secondary school (high school) for more than five years?
    • YES - You are NOT required to submit an official ACT or SAT score.
    • NO - Official ACT or SAT scores are not required for undergraduate international applicants.  However, applicants need to submit scores should they desire for consideration in scholarship eligibility. 

  4. Is English your native language- the language used in the home where you were raised, in the schools where you were educated AND in daily business?
    • YES - Where English is the primary language of the home, education/instruction, and daily business students are NOT required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
    • NO - Students whose native language is not English must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. Check out the Language Requirement for Non-Native English Speakers at UAH here.
    • Graduates from an accredited university in the USA with a bachelor's degree or higher are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.

  5. Do you plan to study at UAH on a student visa (F1 or J1 student status)?
    • YES - F1 and J1 students must submit an affidavit of financial support and original documents that prove that you or your sponsor has access to fluid funds sufficient to cover at least one-year's tuition and living expenses.
    • NO - Immigration laws do NOT require proof of sufficient funds for students in status other than F1 or J1 student.

For more information visit the International Student and Scholars Services website.