Dear UAH Research Community,
The rules that govern all Federal Awards are about to change in a substantial way.
On December 26, 2013, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards in the Federal Register. This "Uniform Guidance" will replace the administrative, accounting, audit rules and principles currently promulgated in the OMB Circulars, including A-21, A-110, and A-133.Per the OMB webpage this guidance "will supersede requirements from OMB Circulars A-21, A-87, A-110, and A-122 (which have been placed in 2 C.F.R. Parts 220, 225, 215, and 230); Circulars A-89, A-102, and A-133; and the guidance in Circular A-50 on Single Audit Act follow-up." The effective date is December 26th, 2014.
On December 26, 2013, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards in the Federal Register. This "Uniform Guidance" will replace the administrative, accounting, audit rules and principles currently promulgated in the OMB Circulars, including A-21, A-110, and A-133.
The implementation of Uniform Guidance will affect the daily administration at all institutions of higher education that conduct federally-supported research, including The University of Alabama in Huntsville.
UAH Uniform Guidance Project Team
In preparation for the implementation of Uniform Guidance on December 26, 2014, The University of Alabama in Huntsville will convene a Uniform Guidance Project Team (consisting of faculty and staff) Chaired by Dr. Robert Lindquist, Associate VP for Research to:
- Discover differences between the current and new federal requirements
- Revise policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Inform the campus and responsible units of changes and impacts to policies, procedures and systems.
This team will use available information from organizations like the Council on Governmental Relations (COGR) and the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP), to analyze these new rules and develop ways to implement them.
We created this website dedicated to the implementation of the Uniform Guidance. As UAH develops its implementation plan, information and resources will be posted to this site.
Project Team Members
- Dr. Robert Lindquist, Associate VP, OVPRED - Chair
- Mr. Robert Leonard, Associate VP, Finance & Business Serv.
- Mr. Chih Loo, Associate VP, Budget & Financial Planning
- Mr. John Cates, Office of Counsel
- Ms. Valarie King, Director, Contracts and Grants Accounting
- Mr. Terence Haley, Director, Procurement & Business Services
- Ms. Diane Gibbs, Director, Payroll Services
- Ms. Gloria Greene, Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
- Ms. Candy Horch, Asst. Director, Budgets & Effort Reporting
- Ms. Cassie Steen, Sr. Assoc. Director, Payroll Op & Dev
- Mr. Don Thompson, Warehouse Operations Manager
- Mr. Steve Parker, Contracts Specialist/Subcontract Admin.
2 CFR Part 200: eCFR - Code of Federal Regulations
OMB Policy Statements: Uniform Grant Guidance
Council on Financial Assistance Reform (COFAR)
Higher Education Resources
NCURA YouTube Tuesday - Uniform Guidance
University Uniform Guidance Information
University Points of Contact
Gloria Greene email@example.com
Valarie King Valarie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Our goal is to meet the federal requirements for compliance and most importantly DO NO HARM!