New OMB Uniform Guidance
Dear UAH Research Community,
The rules that govern all Federal Awards are about to change in a substantial way.
The Office of Management and Budget "Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards; Final Rule" was released in the Federal Register on December 26, 2013 (2 CFR Chapter I, Chapter II, Part 200, et al.). Per the OMB webpage this guidance "will supersede requirements from OMB Circulars A-21, A-87, A-110, and A-122 (which have been placed in 2 C.F.R. Parts 220, 225, 215, and 230); Circulars A-89, A-102, and A-133; and the guidance in Circular A-50 on Single Audit Act follow-up." The effective date is December 26th, 2014
On December 26, 2013, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards in the Federal Register. This "Uniform Guidance" will replace the administrative, accounting, audit rules and principles currently promulgated in the OMB Circulars, including A-21, A-110, and A-133.
The implementation of Uniform Guidance will affect the daily administration at all institutions of higher education that conduct federally-supported research, including The University of Alabama in Huntsville.
In preparation for the implementation of Uniform Guidance on December 26, 2014, The University of Alabama in Huntsville will convene a Uniform Guidance Project Team (consisting of faculty and staff) Chaired by Dr. Robert Lindquist, Associate VP for Research to:
• Discover differences between the current and new federal requirements
• Revise policies and procedures to ensure compliance
• Inform the campus and responsible units of changes and impacts to policies, procedures and systems.
This team will use available information from organizations like the Council on Governmental Relations (COGR) and the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP), to analyze these new rules and develop ways to implement them.
We created this website dedicated to the implementation of the Uniform Guidance. As UAH develops its implementation plan, information and resources will be posted to this site.
Our goal is to meet the federal requirements for compliance and most importantly DO NO HARM!
- 2 CFR Part 200: eCFR - Code of Federal Regulations
- OMB Policy Statements: Uniform Grant Guidance
- Uniform Guidance Crosswalk from Existing Guidance to Final Guidance
- Uniform Guidance Crosswalk from Final Guidance to Existing Guidance
- Cost Principles Comparison Chart -- 2 CFR Part 225 (A-87), 2 CFR Part 220 (A-21), 2 CFR Part 230 (A-122), and Final Uniform Guidance
- Audit Requirements Comparison Chart -- OMB Circular A-133 and Proposed Uniform Guidance Subpart F
- Definitions Comparison Chart
- Administrative Requirements Comparison Chart
- Reform of Federal Grants Policy
- NCURA YouTube Tuesday – Uniform Guidance
- UAH Memorandum of Critical Areas
Agency Draft Policies
- Hits: 196