A cooperative arrangement exists with Alabama A&M University, Athens State College, Calhoun Community College, Oakwood University and The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH). Under this arrangement, a student at any of the participating institutions may request permission to attend a course at one of the other schools. Conditions governing the granting of permission include the following:
- The student must be a full-time student or a full-time University employee who is a part-time student. The credit hours to be taken at the host institution shall be counted in determining the full-time or part-time status of the student.
- The course desired must be unavailable at the student's home institution.
- Visiting students are normally limited to one undergraduate course a semester at the host institution except where the second course is a laboratory required to accompany the first course or the second course is a one hour course in basic military science.
- The student must have an overall 2.0 GPA and meet all prerequisites of the host institution.
- The student's request must be approved by his or her advisor and other appropriate personnel.
- Students will be admitted by the host institution to a course based upon availability of space for the visitor, to be a determined by the class enrollment on the last day of regular registration.
Eligibility for a visiting student is determined by a Student Services Associate in Charger Central. Once eligibility has been determined, the student then obtains all required signatures then returns the completed form to Charger Central.
Download the Visiting Student Form.