A cooperative arrangement exists with Alabama A&M University, Athens State College, Calhoun Community College, Oakwood University and the University of Alabama in Huntsville. Under this arrangement, a student at any of the participating institutions may request permission to attend a course at one of the other schools. Conditions governing the granting of permission include the following:
- The student must be a full-time student or a full-time University employee who is a part-time student. The credit hours to be taken at the host institution shall be counted in determining the full-time or part-time status of the student.
- The course desired must be unavailable at the student’s home institution.
- Visiting students are normally limited to one undergraduate course a semester at the host institution except where the second course is a laboratory required to accompany the first course or the second course is a one hour course in basic military science.
- The student must have an overall 2.0 GPA and meet all prerequisites of the host institution.
- The student’s request must be approved by his or her advisor and other appropriate personnel.
- Students will be admitted by the host institution to a course based upon availability of space for the visitor, to be a determined by the class enrollment on the last day of regular registration.
The Visiting Student form is available in Charger Central. Eligibility for a visiting student is determined by a Student Services Associate in Charger Central. Once eligibility has been determined, the student then obtains all other signatures then returns the completed form to Charger Central.
- Hits: 2917