Retirement Application Process
Website: Social Security Administration
With at least 10 years of creditable service with The Teachers' Retirement System of Alabama(TRSA), employees are guaranteed a retirement income for life - beginning at age 60. Members can retire at any age with 25 or more years of creditable service. Please review a checklist of items to be completed in the retirement application process. For more detailed information regarding the retirement application process, click here.
- Complete Part 1 of the TRS Application for Retirement. Form 10 must be completed 60 - 90 days prior to retirement.
- Provide written notification to your immediate supervisor at least 30 days in advance of your retirement.
- Contact Social Security Administration.
- Complete Part 2 of the TRS Application for Retirement.
- Complete your PEEHIP enrollment.
- Contact RSA-1, TIAA-CREF or VALIC if you want to begin receiving income distributions.
- Complete the Employee Offboarding Process.
Retirement Forms and Other Online Tools
- Hits: 889