MCC: A Club for Pre-Health Students from Pre-Health Students
MCC is open to any and all students interested in any health related career.
MCC meetings can be found on the Events page.
Dr. Moriarity, Biological Sciences Chair
Dana Parcher, Pre-Health Advisor
The mission of Medical Careers Club is to promote fellowship, service, and education among those interested in a career in healthcare.
How to Join:
Email Diana Alsbrook, President, at email@example.com to join her listserv and find out how you can become a member.
Join UAH Medical Careers Club on Facebook to keep up to date with happenings.
You cannot become a full-fledged member until you pay dues.
Types of Activites and Events from MCC:
- Speakers from:
- Dr. Carter on Rural Medicine and the UAB/Huntsville Rural Medical Program
- Dr. Woosley on Auburn Pharmacy
- Coordinator from LifeSouth Blood Donation Center
- Coordinator from HEALS Clinic in Huntsville and how to volunteer
- Tours of:
- As always, nearby professional schools (med, pharmacy, vet, etc)
- UT-memphis med school, pharmacy school and vet school
- Vet school tour in Knoxville
- Sponsorship and organization of Health Careers Day
- This year it was held on September 14th, 2012 - Attend sessions on various health sessions, anything from nursing to medicine to resume tips and visit an Informational Fair to talk with different representatives from various schools from all over Alabama and surrounding states
- Bake Sale
- Donut Drive
- Hampton Cove Yard Sale
- Blood Drive
- Coordination and Participation
- MCC Group Participation in:
- Huntsville Heart Walk
- Relay for Life
- Other Events:
- UAH 5k to raise money for Charity
- Habitat for Humanity Group Work
- Participation in UAH Big Event
- Participation in Alternative Spring Break
- Faculty, Staff, and Student Potlucks
Benefits of Membership:
- Opportunity to be part of a group of students interested in health related careers
- Leadership opportunities as an officer or leader within the club
- Listen to speakers from various health related fields or schools
- Take tours of nearby medical, veterinary, and other health related schools
- Opportunities to participate in activities which promote interest in health careers
- Interaction with other pre-health students, where you can connect and learn
- Participation in community service and volunteer events and opportunities
- Hits: 312