Create your own Android app and learn how to submit it to market. Discover the basics of Android application development through in-depth exercises. Android programming allows background processing, provides a rich user interface library, supports 2-D and 3-D graphics using the OpenGL libraries, and provides an embedded SQLite database. Its operating system is based on Linux with a Java programming interface. Explore simple GUI applications, understand widgets and components and how to work with the database to store data locally in our hands-on labs.
- Development environment and tools
- The Android Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Managing the activity lifecycle
- Developing for different devices
- Dynamic user interface design
- Submitting applications to the Android market
No programming experience necessary, but familiarity with Java or XML is a plus.