Study Global Studies
The Global Studies Minor
The Global Studies Program invites students from all majors at UAHuntsville to pursue the interdisciplinary Global Studies Minor. This minor helps students prepare for graduate studies or for work in any international-related career. Key objectives of the minor program for students include:
- Utilize foreign language skills to engage in cross-cultural dialogues and investigate global issues from multiple perspectives.
- Demonstrate historically-informed perspectives on contemporary global affairs.
- Reflect critically on the global contexts of local experiences, including students' personal lives.
- Understand and reflect on the ambiguities, disparities, and the multiplicity of interests inherent in global political, economic, sociological, and cultural issues.
- Learn to envision possible solutions for global conflicts and misunderstandings.
The minor offers two core courses, GS 200 (most recent syllabus) and GS 400 (most recent syllabus). Along with this core coursework in Global Studies, students develop intermediate competency in a foreign language and take elective courses chosen from a variety of disciplines according to a thematic concentration. Please click here for a description of possible thematic concentrations for the minor.
Please click here for the Global Studies Minor advising worksheet. Students work with the Global Studies Program adviser to develop a program of study that meets their academic needs and goals.
- Hits: 1358