You must have a completed FAFSA on file to verify your eligibility to participate in the Federal Work-Study Program with the Office of Student Financial Services email@example.com or call 824-6241
Once you have verified your eligibility you may begin the search our list of Job Openings. Openings will post the first day of classes for the current term.
UAHuntsville allows students to view current opening and choose which positions they wish to apply for. The current openings list will provide you with a contact person, phone number, and brief job description. It is up to the student to make the initial contact with the department and request and interview.
How will I be notified if I am hired?
Make sure that the contact person that you interview with has a current phone number or email address to contact you. The supervisor that wishes to employee you will contact you once they have completed their interviews.
Once you have been hired, the Supervisor will need to e-mail Ms. Karen Roland at: firstname.lastname@example.org and request you by name and ID number.
The supervisor will then direct you to the Office of Student Financial Services (University Center, Room 212) to complete paperwork for payroll (please bring your social security card and valid driver's license) for documentation.
Work-Study Payroll Information
Web time entry time sheets are available online once your paperwork has been completed for hire. The Office of Student Financial Services will provide information on submission.
RECEIVING A PAYCHECK
Two options are available for check distribution. Checks may be directly deposited into the student's checking or any bank or credit union savings account located within the Continental United States that is a member of the automated clearinghouse, or students may pick-up their checks in the Payroll Office (151Shelby King Hall) on pay day with a valid photo ID. Work-study students are paid biweekly. Students may pick up paychecks every other Friday (alternating weeks when time sheets are due)or you may choose to do a Direct Deposit Form that must be completed and turned into the Payroll Office.
LATE TIME SHEET SUBMISSION
Work Study students can obtain a printable time sheet at http://www.uah.edu/admin/payroll/reports.html
General Work-Study Guidelines For Students
- Work-Study is a part-time job.
- Workers will be paid for hours actually worked.
- Students will not be paid to study while on the job.
- Fringe benefits such as sick leave, vacation pay, and holidays are not a part the Federal Work-Study Program.
- Students will not be paid for hours worked in excess of the amount approved for. Departments will be required to cover excess hours worked over and above the amount the student has been awarded.
- Students who accept a Federal Work-Study position are expected to work the entire award period, be punctual, and perform efficiently. Students should notify supervisors when illness or unforeseen circumstances prevent attendance.
- Work-Study students must not work over their specified number of hours unless given permission by the Financial Aid Office.
- Students and their supervisors are encouraged to make every attempt to resolve any differences.
- In the event that this cannot be accomplished, students should consult with a Financial Aid Administrator for possible reassignment.
The Office of Student Financial Services may terminate a student's employment at any time upon determination that the student is no longer meeting eligibility requirements. Such action most commonly results from the student receiving resources which were not known at the time the award was made; it is therefore important that the student report any subsequent changes in financial resources as they occur.
*Remember, work-study assignments are for one year only! Students may be re-hired in subsequent years by re-establishing eligibility.*