Authorization Request (VAR) Worksheet as far in advance of the planned visit as possible. You may send this worksheet to the Assistant Security Officer or bring it by our office in person. The information in bold print on the worksheet is mandatory.
Keep in mind that the process may require coordination with a federal agency to obtain Need-to-Know certification before we can send this Visit Authorization Request. This, of course, may slow the process somewhat so please allow us as much time as possible by notifying us as soon as you know the visit is necessary.
|Passing A Clearance||Required Information|
Clearance are passed in three ways...
- VALs are used to pass secret and top secret clearances. 10 days advance notice is required to ensure proper processing of the request.
- PERM CERTS are used to pass requests for SCI access. 3-4 weeks advance notice is required, allowing sufficient time for the government to respond.
- International Visit Requests - secret and top secret clearances to locations other than a US Government location. 30 days notice is required.
None of the above can be hand carried; they must be transmitted security office to security office. This allows the receiving facility the opportunity to approve or disapprove the visit.
10 days prior to the planned trip or meeting, you must complete a VAL for to include...
- Name of place being visited
- Name of security officer
- Security phone and fax number
- Purpose of visit
- Contract number or contract name
- Non security point of contact
- Dates of visit
- Your full name and SSN
It is the employee's responsibility to complete the form and get the information to their local FSO or security assistant for processing.
There are several things to keep in mind when you are requesting a Visit Request be sent:
- It is important that the individual needing the visit request complete the Visit Worksheet in full to include complete location, fax number, POC, etc. It is not the responsibility of the RSA office to get this information, we do not know where you are visiting or where you need access to.
- Please verify all the information is correct on the worksheet prior to sending to RSA.
- The RSA office does not have time or the manpower to pull files and find out what facilities that individual(s) have visited in the past, this again is the responsibility of the individual needing the visit request sent.
- Lastly the visit worksheets needs to be submitted to RSA 10 days prior to visit when possible to avoid a possible denial of entrance at the site of your visit.
We will continue to do our best in supporting each and everyone of you in a timely manner. Your assistance with this matter is greatly appreciated.