Eligibility Requirements for Admission to UAH
- Do you have U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or are you a refugee in the U.S.?
Have you received any education (secondary or university level) outside of the U.S.?
- YES - Please complete the domestic application for admission to UAH.
- NO - Please complete the international admission application.
Do you have 24 or more hours of university level coursework from an accredited institution OR have you been out of secondary school (high school) for more than five years? Please contact the admissions office if you are unsure about your transfer hours.
- YES - You must submit certified academic records from each secondary or university institution that you have attended. All academic records must be sent in the original language with a certified English translation. In addition, academic records for education received outside of the U.S. must be evaluated by a credential evaluation service.
- NO - If you completed all of your education inside the U.S., you are required to provide official academic transcripts from each secondary or university institution attended.
Is English your native language- the language used in the home where you were raised, in the schools where you were educated AND in daily business?
Do you plan to study at UAH on a student visa (F1 or J1 student status)?
- YES - You are NOT required to submit an official ACT or SAT score.
- NO - You are required to submit an official ACT or SAT score.
- YES - F1 and J1 students must submit an affidavit of financial support and original documents that prove that you or your sponsor has access to fluid funds sufficient to cover at least one-year's tuition and living expenses.
- NO - Immigration laws do NOT require proof of sufficient funds for students in status other than F1 or J1 student.
For more information visit the International Student and Scholars Services website.