UAH's Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP) allows undergraduate students to study at the graduate level. By taking graduate courses in your senior year you could reduce the time taken to get a graduate (MS) degree.
Benefits for you:
- No entrance exam!
- Double count undergrad classes for grad degree!
- Pay undergrad tuition for grad classes taken as a JUMP student!
- No application fee!
How to JUMP!
- Apply anytime before your last semester.
- Meet with your college JUMP advisor and submit application.
Atmospheric Science: Dr. Christopher
Biology: Dr. Moriarity, firstname.lastname@example.org
Business (All): Ms. Pettitt, email@example.com
Chemistry: Dr. Setzer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Civil Engineering: Dr. Toutanji, email@example.com
Chemical Engineering: Dr. Chen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Science: Dr. Weisskopf, email@example.com
Electrical & Computer Engineering: Dr. English, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mechanical Engineering and Aerospace Systems Engineering: Dr. Hollingsworth, email@example.com
Math: Dr. Howell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Physics: Dr. Lieu, email@example.com
Public Affairs: Dr. John Pottenger, firstname.lastname@example.org
More JUMP! programs are being established if yours is not listed above.
JUMP Application Form
JUMP Change of Program Form
We think the JUMP! Program is a win-win, but find out why from a student who's enrolled in the program.
Official Rules for JUMP!
- For admission to JUMP, student must meet overall GPA requirements* of the college. GPA includes all transfer coursework.
- Only courses taken at UAH and listed on JUMP application are eligible.
- Students must receive a B in each JUMP course for it to count towards graduate degree.
- Student must maintain minimum overall GPA throughout JUMP program until graduation.
- All coursework must be completed within six years of taking first JUMP class.
- Students are considered undergraduate students until all requirements for undergraduate degree are met.
- Students cannot hold a GTA, GRA, or graduate scholarship or fellowship until undergraduate degree is completed.
- If a change is made to initial JUMP application both a JUMP change form and a change to student's undergraduate Program of Study (POS) must be submitted for approval.
- If student's GPA upon graduation is less than the required minimum, the student does not receive admission to the graduate degree program automatically. Student must apply to the graduate school with admission test score and graduate application. Courses will be counted as if the student had been a non-degree seeking graduate student.
- Notify Graduate Studies when you submit your application for undergraduate graduation.
*Minimum GPA requirements by college or program