Now that you have met with your advisor and received your Registration Access Code (RAC) you're ready to register for classes. Haven't met with your advisor yet? Visit the class registration welcome web page for a list of advisors by college. Once an RAC has been obtained, you can register on the web.
Students requiring assistance with general navigation and login information can contact Help Desk at 256.824.3333 or email at email@example.com; Monday – Thursday, 8:00am – 6:00pm and Friday, 8:00 – 5:00pm. Students receiving registration errors should contact their academic advisor.
Please note that class schedules and registration dates and deadlines are no longer printed. All information is updated and available daily online.
Web Registration Instructions
1. Log into Banner to start your class registration.
2. Select ‘Enter Secure Area’
3. Enter User ID (case sensitive) and Six-Digit Numeric PIN Number. PINs will not be reset over the telephone. If your PIN is not working or you receive a message “your account has been disabled,” please contact help desk at 256.824.3333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Select Student & Financial Aid
5. Select Registration
6. Select Add or Drop Classes
7. Select Term
8. Enter Registration Access Code (if applicable) obtained from your Academic Advisor
9. Enter the CRN (Course Request Number) in the ‘Add Classes Worksheet’ for courses you wish to add or select ‘Class Search’ to look up the CRN for available classes.
10. Class Search-This option will allow you to look up a class and add the CRN to the Add Classes Worksheet or automatically register that class.
11. From the Class Search page, enter the criteria for your search.
12. From the Look Up Classes Page, check the box in front of the CRN (C identifies a closed class) and select Register or Add to Worksheet. Register processes your request to register for that class. Add to Worksheet will add the course’s CRN to the ‘Add to Worksheet’ table. Class Search begins a new search.
13. After submitting your request, you will be brought back to the Add or Drop Class page. There you will see the status of your Current Schedule, Registration Errors (if any), and the Add Classes Worksheet. From courses listed in Current Schedule, you have the option to Drop or Audit (if available) a course from the Action column.
14. Waitlist - If you attempt to register for a course that has reached its maximum seating capacity, the course will display under ‘Registration Errors’ on the Add or Drop Class page
15. To add your name to the waitlist, select ‘Waitlist’ under the Action column for the course, click on ‘Submit Changes’. The course will move up to Current Schedules with a status of ‘Waitlisted’. Course will not be waitlisted unless you click on ‘Submit Changes’. If you do not want to waitlist the class, select ‘None’ and click on ‘Submit Changes’. The course will no longer display under Registration Errors. To drop a waitlisted class, select ‘Web Drop’ from the Action column for the course listed under Current Schedules and click on ‘Submit Changes’. The course will be removed from Current Schedules. Waitlisted classes will be dropped on the last business day before classes begin. Students should remove waitlisted classes from their schedule if they decide the class is not needed. A student who waitlists a class will be responsible for the fees when moved into the class; therefore, check often on the status of your waitlisted class.
16. Once you are satisfied with your schedule, scroll to the bottom of the screen and select ‘Registration Fee Assessment’ to calculate the charges associated with your schedule. This step will need to be taken to reflect any changes of your schedule on your bill.
17. To view bill, click ‘Account Summary by Term’, bottom of the ‘Registration Fee Assessment’ page.
18. View Your Schedule – Select ‘Week At A Glance’ or ‘Detailed Schedule’
19. Exit – Select Exit . Once your session is closed, log out to protect your privacy.
- Hits: 13376