Sheree C. Carter, MSN, RN, CNS
Clinical Assistant Professor
Office: NB 317
- MSN, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- BSN, Auburn University at Montgomery
- Diploma, Druid City Hospital School of Nursing, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Clinical Trials Research
- NUR 305 - Nursing Process for Mental Health and Illness
- NUR 660 - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- 2012 – Present – President–elect Rheumatology Nurses Society
- 2012-present – International Special Interest Group for OMERACT – “Outcomes of rheumatology nursing interventions” American nurse representative.
- 2011-Present Member Scope and Standards Committee for the International Association of Clinical Research Nurses
- 2009-Present Board Member/Annual Meeting Committee Chair - Rheumatology Nurses Society
- 2007-Present Co-Developer/Speaker/Mentor – UAB Research Coordinator Training Program
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Rheumatology nurse interventions and outcomes, roles and skill acquisitions.
- Conduct and ethics of clinical trials research in emerging nations
Publications and Presentations
- Carter, S.C., Jester, P.M., Jones C.T. (2007) Issues in clinical research manager education and training. Research Practitioner, 8(2), 48-60.
- Jones, C.T., Harrison, L., Carter, S.C., Jester, P.M. (2008) Education and training preferences of clinical research managers. Research Practitioner, 9(6), 202-214.
- Jones, C.T., Harrison, L., Carter, S.C., Jester, P.M. (2009) Development and Implementation of a Distance-Based Certificate Program in Clinical Research Coordination for Coordinators at International Sites. Southern Online Journal of Nursing Research, 9(3).
- Jester, P., Carter, S. C., Chacana, T., Jones, C. T., Wilson, L., Rice, M., McCall, K. (October, 2011) Abstract Title: International Clinical Research Education for Study Coordinators in Lima, Peru – the Promoting Enhanced Research Capacity for Global Health-Peru PERC Peru) Experience. Presented at the annual meeting of the International Association of Clinical Research Nurses, Bethesda, MD.
- Jones, C.T., Rice, M., Jester, P.M., Carter, S.C. (2010, November). Including a Teaching Strategies Course for Academic Clinical Research Management Certificate and MSN Options. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the International Association of Clinical Research Nurses, Bethesda, MD.
- Jester, P.M., Powell, K., Jones, C.T., Carter, S.C., Branscum S. (2010, November). Evolving Clinical Research Training for UAB and Community Research Coordinators. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the International Association of Clinical Research Nurses, Bethesda, MD.
- Jones, C.T., Wilson, L., Rice, M., Joiner, C., Laborde, J., McCall, K., Jester, P., Carter, S. (2010, November). International Clinical Research Education and Training Using Distance-Learning Strategies: The PERC Study. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the International Association of Clinical Research Nurses, Bethesda, MD.
- Rheumatology Nurses Society Annual Meeting “Budgeting for a Clinical Trial”
- Panelist for Spotlight “Effective Role of the Nurse in the Care of RA Patients: Assessing Treatment Response” for Medscape CME Rheumatology (2009)
- Infusion Nurses Society Satellite Symposia Speaker for SCIUS “Beyond Administration: The Infusion Specialist’s Role in the Management of Rheumatoid Arthritis”
- Hits: 462