Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The undergraduate program at UAH provides two pathways to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) - a traditional one for students seeking their first professional nursing education, and a program for registered nurses with diplomas or associate degrees in nursing.
- Practice nursing at the entry level based on ethical, legal, and professional standards.
- Utilize the nursing process for promoting, maintaining and restoring health with diverse populations in a variety of settings.
- Apply knowledge and use critical thinking as a generalist in professional practice.
- Demonstrate leadership, accountability and flexibility in collaboration with multidisciplinary health care systems.
- Engage in life-long learning and participate in activities that enhance the discipline of nursing.