CHEMICAL ENGINEERING PROGRAM
First Accredited: 1986
Last Accredited: June 2010
Chemical Engineering Program Educational Objectives
The Chemical Engineering Program Educational Objectives are to prepare graduates to be successful in their professional careers and to provide them with the skills needed to contribute to the economic advancement of firm, region, state and nation, and are achieved by:
- Gaining a basic core competence in the fundamentals of engineering to be able to identify problems or areas for process and/or product improvement, analyze alternatives, properly communicate, and efficiently implement changes and improvements.
- Understanding economic impacts, deadlines and commitments while respecting ethical, environmental, health, safety and regulatory issues.
- Recognizing that a lifetime of learning is essential for continuous improvement and a requisite for a successful engineer.
Chemical Engineering Program Student Outcomes
The UAH Chemical Engineering program will demonstrate that their graduates have:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Chemical Engineering Program Enrollment and Graduation Data
The enrollment and graduation data for the Chemical Engineering program for the past three academic years are given below.
||BSCheE Degrees Awarded
1Fall Undergraduate Headcount