CIVIL ENGINEERING PROGRAM
First Accredited: 1987
Last Accredited: June 2010
Civil Engineering Program Educational Objectives
The Civil Engineering Program has been designed to provide our students with a high quality engineering education. CE alumni will have, within three to five years of graduation, achieved the following PEOs:
- Embarked on successful professional practice requiring a strong understanding in the traditional knowledge and skills of the engineering profession.
- Advanced in the Civil Engineering profession and have positioned themselves for successful future employment and academic opportunities.
- Utilized their broad educational experience and acquired skills necessary to make a positive impact on the global community.
Civil Engineering Program Student Outcomes
The UAH Civil Engineering program will demonstrate that their graduates have:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Civil Engineering Program Enrollment and Graduation Data
The enrollment and graduation data for the Civil Engineering program for the past three academic years are given below.
||BSCE Degrees Awarded
1Fall Undergraduate Headcount