Course Drop or Withdrawal

Drops and WithdrawalsFall 2016 DatesSpring 2017 DatesRefund
Through the second week of the academic semester 09/01/16 01/20/17 100% of tuition and fees
After the second week of the academic semester 09/02/16 01/21/17 No refund

Ways to withdraw

  • Online – Log in to myUAH. Under Student Services, select the Registration tab and then Add or Drop Classes. Withdrawal date is the date the request is entered in Banner.

If payment was made by personal check, a refund will be issued after the check clears the bank.

Students suspended for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for a refund.

Refunds for Vacating Student Housing

WithdrawalsFall 2016 DatesSpring 2017 DatesRefund
During the first week of the academic semester Aug. 17 – 24 Jan. 4 - 11 80%
During the second week of the academic semester Aug. 26 – Aug. 31 Jan. 11 - 18 60%
During the third week of the academic semester Aug. 31 – Sept. 7 Jan. 18 – Jan. 25 40%
During the fourth week of the academic semester Sept. 7 - 14 Jan. 25 – Feb. 1 20%
After the fourth week Sept. 14 – Dec. 11 Feb. 2 – April 27 No refund

Student Refunds for Overpayment of Federal Financial Aid Funds

The U.S. Department of Education requires the University to refund any overpayment of fees paid by Federal Student Aid funds to the student. If desired, students may return the refund check to the University to pay future fees.

Students are strongly encouraged to stay informed of their financial aid status and tracking. Improper or incomplete applications for Federal Student Aid will delay proper payment by the U.S. Department of Education. Please visit the Financial Aid website to stay informed of current financial aid requirements and guidelines.

Direct Deposit of Refunds

Direct Deposit of refunds may be made by completing the Direct Deposit Request Form and returning it with a voided check or a copy of the front page of an account statement. Your name must be on the account and imprinted on the check.

Refunds of Credit and Debit Card Payments

If all or any portion of tuition and fees was paid with a credit or debit card, the University is required to apply the refund to the same card used for payment, regardless of the cardholder. Any credit balance remaining will be issued to the student by check or Direct Deposit. Checks may be picked up at the Cashier’s Office, Student Services Building, Room 123. 

Refunding Employer Payments

If your employer paid your tuition, please have them email with your Student ID number and the amount charged to ensure the refund is properly issued. 

Email Communication on Refunds and Refund Delivery

UAH will contact you via your UAH email account when your refund check is ready for pick-up at the Cashier's Office in the Student Services Building, Room 123.