UAHuntsville named one of "America's 100 Best College Buys"
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (January 14, 2013) — The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAHuntsville) has been named one of “America's 100 Best College Buys,” by Institutional Research and Evaluation, Inc., for providing students a high quality education at a competitively low cost.
Institutional Research and Evaluation, Inc., is an independent research and consulting organization specializing in the recruiting and retention of students for institutions of higher education. More than 1,025 colleges and universities were surveyed for the national designation. The “America’s 100 Best College Buys,” survey has been conducted for 20 years.
To be considered for inclusion in the national survey, an institution must meet the following requirements:
• Be an accredited, four-year institution offering bachelor’s degrees
• Offer full residential facilities including residence halls and dining services
• Have an entering freshman class in the fall of 2011 with a high school grade point average and/or SAT/ACT score equal to or above the national average for entering college freshmen
• Have an out-of-state cost of attendance in 2012-2013 for three quarters or two semesters below the national average cost of attendance or not exceeding the national average cost by more than 10 percent.
Institutional Research and Evaluation, Inc., has consistently named UAHuntsville as one of “America’s 100 Best College Buys.” For more information, and a complete list of the rankings please visit http://www.100bestcollegebuys.com/.
You may also be interested in:
- Published January 14, 2013
- Hits: 1830