UAHuntsville to host 18th annual North Alabama nurse practitioners conference
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (September 7, 2012) — The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAHuntsville) is hosting the 18th annual North Alabama Nurse Practitioner (NANPA) Clinical Symposium Sept. 28-29 at the Huntsville Marriott.
The theme for this year’s conference is “Change in the Air for Nurse Practitioners,” and the deadline to register is Friday, Sept. 14. Dr. C. Fay Raines, dean of the UAHuntsville College of Nursing, and Beverly Johnson, NANPA president, will welcome symposium attendees. The keynote address “Identifying Disease Risk Through Genomes,” will be presented Dr. Neil Lamb, of the HudsonAlpha Institute of Technology in Huntsville.
Additional NANPA conference seminars include:
- “Current State of Nurse Practitioner Issues in Alabama,” presented by Cindy Cooke and Tim Bynum
- “Ovarian Cancer: Latest Diagnosis and Treatment Options,” presented by Dr. David Engle
- “Call Me In Some Lortab,” presented by Dee Dee Hite
- “A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words: Dermatology Across the Lifespan,” presented by Wendy Wright
- “Pharmacological Management in Trauma Treatment,” presented by Elizabeth Barnaby
For detailed conference information and registration confirmation, please visit www.northalabamanpa.com. The Huntsville Marriott is located at: 5 Tranquility Base in Huntsville.
For more information
Joyce Anderson-Maples (256) 824-2101
- Published Date
- Hits: 1393