Each year, the University of Alabama in Huntsville provides a substantial number of scholarships based on academic merit and financial need. Graduating seniors with high grade point averages or those scoring well on their ACT or SAT exams may be eligible for academic scholarships through the Financial Aid Office. Some music scholarships are available exclusively for music majors and minors. Others are available to any full-time student, regardless of major or minor. Therefore, the audition process is different, depending on the student's plans. Please see the appropriate section below.
All interested students should fill out the online Prospective Student Information Form to receive more information about the Department of Music. More information is also available by contacting the Department of Music at 256-824-6436 or email@example.com.
Scholarship Audition Information for Music Majors and Music Minors
Please Note: If you do not plan to major or minor in music, there are still scholarships available, but your audition procedures are different. Please skip to the section below.
Scholarship Audition Information for Non-Music Majors and Non-Music Minors
Those who wish to perform in a music ensemble, but not as a music major or music minor, are eligible for Music Ensemble Scholarships. Those students should fill out the online Prospective Student Information Form to receive more information about the Department of Music. They should also contact the appropriate ensemble director to arrange for an individual audition:
- Choirs: Dr. Erin Colwitz — 256-824-2581 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wind Ensemble: Dr. C. David Ragsdale — 256-824-2583 email@example.com
- Jazz Ensemble: Mr. Ken Watters — 256-824-6436 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pep Band: Dr. C. David Ragsdale — 256-824-2583 email@example.com
- Chamber Orchestra: Mr. Charles Hogue — 256-824-6436 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opera: Ms. Karen Young — 256-824-6436 email@example.com
- Hits: 2069