Why Study Music at UAHuntsville?
- The UAH Department of Music has nearly tripled in size in the past decade.
- UAH Music faculty have performed in all 50 states, several U.S. territories, and nearly 50 foreign countries on six continents.
- More than 75 pieces of music have been published by UAH Music faculty.
- Music software created by UAH Music faculty has been used in at least 120 countries on six continents.
- UAH Music student ensembles have visited seven foreign countries in recent years.
- Students from every college and every major on campus participate in UAH Music student ensembles.
- At least 36% of UAH Music graduates in a recent study had gone on to graduate music programs, and at least 29% had held K-12 or university teaching positions.
There are many music careers that one can pursue with a Bachelor of Arts in Music. Most people believe that there are only two options: performing or teaching. Here is a longer list of options that should be considered:
- Music Performance (symphony orchestras, operas, jazz, rock, pop, etc.)
- Music Education (teaching in schools, teaching privately)
- Music Therapy (using music as an aid to healing)
- Music Administration (managing symphonies, music societies, rock stars, etc)
- Composition (classical, rock, country, film music, advertising, etc.)
- Music Software Development
- Electronic Musical Instrument Engineering
- Recording Engineering
- Record Production
- Retail Music (selling music, instruments, and accessories)
- Film Music Orchestration and Editing
- Music Publishing
- Hits: 2343