Students with disabilities have the right of an equal opportunity to participate in programs offered through UAH. Students who choose to exercise these rights have the responsibility to initiate and participate in the accommodation process. Recognizing this, students:
- Have a responsibility to register with the DSS office in a timely fashion. The student must provide documentation from an appropriate licensed professional (see the DSS office for more information).
- Have a responsibility to actively participate in discussion regarding academic accommodations and auxiliary aids.
- Have the responsibility of providing professors with Letters of Accommodation (LOAs) they have received from the DSS office. This is best facilitated through meetings with individual professors.
- Have the responsibility to communicate to their professors their individual needs and work with the professor on methods of accommodation.
- Have the responsibility to schedule proctored exams (if applicable) with the Testing Services Center according to the policies of that agency.
- Have the same obligation as any student to meet and maintain the institution's rigorous academic and technical standards.
- Have a right to be evaluated based on ability, not disability.
- Are entitled to an equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of the academic community at a comparable level that is provided to any student.
- Have a right to appeal decisions concerning accommodations using the university's grievance procedures.