Basic Program of Study
The basic program of study contains a minimum of 33 semester hours of graduate-level course work, all taught via IITS, and is designed to attract engineers from ALDOT to pursue a Master's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- Received a bachelor’s degree from an engineering accredited program
- 1 year work experience in civil engineering and passed the FE
- Conditional admission may be granted. To continue graduate study, a student admitted conditionally is required to maintain at least a B average in the first 12 semester hours of graduate coursework and to remove any other conditions imposed at the time of initial enrollment.
List of Courses
- Traffic Flow Theory (CE659)
- Urban Transportation Planning (CE520)
- Advanced Traffic Engineering Design (CE622)
- Pavement Design (CE659)
- Advanced Concrete Design (CE683)
- Bridge Design (CE587)
- Wood Design (CE659)
- Advanced Geotechnical Engineering (CE662)
- Sustainability Design (CE658)
- Environmental Impact Analysis (CE650)
- Advanced Hydrology (CE657)
- Open Channel Hydrology (CE541)
- Groundwater Engineering (CE653)
- Statistics (ISE690)
- Design of Experiments (ISE526)
- Research Project:
Transfer courses must be approved by the student’s department and the Graduate Dean.