The dynamics of the threat environment coupled with acquisition challenges requires a different way to conduct business to provide our Warfighters the best integrated and affordable protection. Project Management Office (PMO) Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE), Program Executive Office (PEO) Intelligence, Electronic Warfare and Sensors (IEW&S) is sponsoring the creation of a Consortium for Aircraft Survivability Environment (CASE). The consortium, formed by the University of Alabama at Huntsville (UAH), Rotorcraft Systems Engineering and Simulation Center (RSESC), provides a collaborative environment to bring Government, Industry, and Academic stakeholders together to understand the needs, share a common vision, and plot the future of Aircraft Survivability to help us better meet those challenges.
To provide a forum to focus Industry, Academia and Government resources to facilitate the evolution to a high-performance, low-SWaP, affordable, and integrated holistic aircraft survivability solution across the various rotorcraft and small fixed-wing aircraft platforms
- Comprehensive, independent, unbiased support for Aircraft Survivability
- Mechanism to conduct events and the ability to form subcommittees to address ideas of interest to more than one Stakeholder
- Mechanism for networking, data and informational sharing between members
- Mechanism for updates from Government Agencies
- Mechanism and insight for consensus in investments and survivability roadmaps
- Insight on where to invest IRAD funding