If you have declared yourself to be a Chemical Engineering Major (i.e. if you are enrolled in ChE 197 for example) we strongly encourage you to meet with your departmental advisor right away to plan your program of study. If you are a transfer student, a file containing details of the transferred courses and such will be prepared by the Office of Academic Advising in the College of Engineering (Room 158). We would then encourage you to meet with your departmental advisor (look at the list) and schedule your course of study.

Faculty Advisors

Assignments for faculty advisement are based on the following table:


A - E
F - J
K - O
K - O
P - T
U - Z
Transfer Students
Transfer Students

Dr. M. Banish
Dr. R. Cerro
Dr. Mike Banish (Undergraduate)
Dr. Jeffrey Weimer (Graduate)
Dr. Y. Lei
Dr. J. Weimer
Engg Advisement, Dr. Mike Banish (Undergraduate)
Engg Advisement, Dr. Jeffrey Weimer (Graduate)


Checklist Forms

Please download and use one of the following checklists to track your courses.

Update the checklist EVERY SEMESTER! Take a hard copy of your updated checklist and your most recent transcripts to your advisor at every advising session. You can get a copy of your transcript from the Engineering Advising Office or from the Chemical Engineering Department.

Course Scheduling Quickstart

Prepare a tentative schedule of courses for the semester. Confirm the schedule against the required prerequisites and the course offerings for the semester. Here are some links that may be useful.

  • Course Catalog
  • About Science Electives
  • On-line Class Schedules
  • About CHE Technical Electives
  • Complete your course schedule on the approved form.
  • Visit your faculty advisor, who must sign-off on your course schedule. Please confirm beforehand that your advisor has a copy of your advising file in his or her office.
  • Submit your approved course schedule form or finish your registration using the Web, your advisor or the departmental assistant will have access numbers to allow you to register on the web



As you go through your studies, you will probably need help setting up your course schedules. Someone must approve (sign off on) the courses your decide to take each semester. This is handled by an advisor. It is imperative that you become familiar with the information in the following pages.

Catalog Information

The primary source of information about your program of study is to be found in the UAH Undergraduate Course Catalogs. Please also watch the bulletin board space near the department office for additional information or key changes.