UAHComplete - Bachelor of Professional Studies FAQs

What are the admission requirements for the Bachelor in Professional Studies?

For admission to the College of Professional Studies, applicants must meet the following requirements:

  • Meet general admission requirements at the undergraduate level for UAH.
  • Students with fewer than 24 credit hours will need to submit their high school transcript or a General Education Development (GED) certificate.
    • The minimum GED score required for admission for those taking the test after January 1, 2014 is 170. Those who have taken the GED prior to January 1, 2014 are required to have a score of 500. Those who took the exam prior to 2002 are required to have a score of 50.
    • If a student has been out of high school less than 5 years, ACT/SAT scores are required.
  • Students with more than 24 hours must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all college coursework taken at a regionally accredited institution.
How many of my transfer credits will you accept?

Eligibility of transfer credits depend upon the subject matter of each credit and accreditation status for the institution awarding each credit. Not all transferable classes are applicable to the Professional Studies degree program.

  • A maximum of 60 semester hours from a junior, community, or two-year college may be transferred. Exceptions require written approval from the dean of the college.
  • Students may transfer an unlimited number hours, with the exception of technical, remedial, vocational, and orientation credits, from an accredited four-year institution. UAH requires that 25% of total requirements and 12 of the final 18 degree hours be completed with UAH courses.

For additional information on transfer credit, please refer to: UAH Undergraduate Admissions - Transfers

Is the program completely online?

We have two concentrations that are currently available online: Leadership Strategies and Dynamics and Organizational Studies. However, we are aware that most of our students need classes that are flexible to meet professional or personal schedules so we work with each student individually to create a class schedule each semester that fits their needs.

What are the tuition costs?

Tuition and fees can be found on the UAH website. Please refer to both Campus Tuition Rates and Distance Learner Rate Tuition

Is financial assistance available?

UAH offers a variety of financial aid options. Please visit the UAH Financial Aid website for complete details.

Is the Bachelor in Professional Studies program accredited as other UAH degree programs?

The University of Alabama in Huntsville has institutional accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degrees.

How do I set an appointment to meet with my advisor?

You can call 256-824-6673 or email

General UAH FAQs

How do I find important semester dates and deadlines?

Academic calendars including all important semester dates can be found on the UAH Registrar website

Day abbreviations: M=Monday T=Tuesday W= Wednesday R=Thursday F=Friday S=Saturday U=Sunday

How do I register for classes?

Each student is responsible for planning his/her academic program and registering for classes. The UAH catalog should be consulted for information on prerequisites. Your academic advisor is well versed in your degree requirements and is available to assist with all aspects of degree planning. Advising is located in Wilson Hall 143

  • Find out when registration begins for the next semester
  • Meet with your Academic Advisor and determine classes you want to take for the next semester: or 256.824.6673.
  • Login to
  • Click Schedule Planner (under Student Services and Registration).
  • Add each course you will take into the schedule planner.
  • Click “Generate Schedules.”
  • Click “View” and review each schedule until you find your ideal schedule.
  • Click “Send to shopping cart,” select “Register.”

*Another way to look up classes, go to, and under the Current Students tab, click classes.

How do I add a class?

You can add a class to your schedule through (under Registration, Add or Drop Classes) until the 5th day of classes. For example, if classes start on August 20, you have until August 27 to add a class. See UAH calendar for exact dates.

How do I drop a class?

You can drop a class from your schedule through (under Registration, Add or Drop Classes). Click WebDrop. Click Submit Changes. Check your schedule to make sure the class is dropped.

If you drop a class before the drop date (10th day of class), it will not appear on your transcript and you will get a refund. See UAH calendar for exact dates.

How do I pay my tuition and fees?

Complete information can be found on the UAH Bursar’s website.

How do I obtain a parking decal?

All students are required to have a UAH parking decal to park on campus. To order your decal visit and click on the Employee or Student Permits link. You can then login with your Charger ID. Parking decals are $140; additional vehicles may be registered for an additional fee or $60. Questions? Office of Public Safety, Intermodal Facility (256) 824-6594.

How do I check my UAH email?

UAH is a Google Apps for Education campus. As such, faculty, staff, and students have access to a suite of Google Apps including Mail, Calendar, Drive, Groups, and Sites. Mail is the most prominent and most widely used of the apps and serves as the university’s official vehicle for communications. To login:

  1. Go to
  2. Enter your entire UAH email address as your username
  3. If you have not received a password or have forgotten your password, go to

If you have any questions, please contact the OIT help desk (256.824.3333 or

***All official university correspondence is conducted through your UAH email. It is critical that you either check this email on a regular basis or forward it to the email address that you use most often.

Is wireless internet available?

Currently enrolled students, faculty, staff, and official guests of UAH may access eduroam, the wireless network that is available on campus. All academic, research, and housing indoor spaces have wireless capabilities.

How will I receive emergency notifications from UAH?

UAlert is The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) emergency notification system. UAlert is a comprehensive communications solution that allows UAH to quickly disseminate an urgent message through multiple communication methods.

To register, go to and click on the "Sign Me Up!" link. (Detailed registration instructions are available.)

If you are having trouble accessing your UAlert account please contact the Office of Information Technology Help Desk at 256-824-3333 or

Am I eligible to go to the University Fitness Center?

All full time undergraduate students (12 hours/semester) can go to the University Fitness Center free of charge. For students taking less than 12 hours, you will be charged a nominal fee. Print your schedule from Banner and take it to the Fitness Center to register

How do I obtain a Charger Card?

Photo IDs are made in the Charger Union Room 131. Be sure to bring your current class schedule with you. If you lose your Charger Card and have to get a replacement card made, there will be a $25.00 fee.

Is there veteran’s assistance on campus?

Our Military & Veterans Programs Office serves military veterans and their dependents during their time as students at UAH. The MVP staff supports students transitioning to and while at UAH and provides students with information about VA educational benefits and certifies GI Bill benefits.

The MVP Office is located in the Charger Union (CCU) in room 223C. Stop by to meet their staff and visit with other veterans or email with any questions:

Can I repeat a course for a better grade?

After seeking the counsel of an academic advisor, a student may repeat any course in which a grade of C, D or F was received, in order to improve his/her grade. A maximum of five course repeats may be excluded from the calculation of the undergraduate student’s GPA. This course repeat policy will automatically be applied unless the student files for an exemption in Charger Center (SSB 120).

What do I do if I need special accommodations?

Students with disabilities are advised to contact the Office of Disability Support Services at least one month prior to class enrollment to request special accommodations. Tutorial assistance is available without cost to currently enrolled UAH students. Wilson Hall 128

Is there a bookstore located on campus?

The UAH Campus bookstore is located inside Charger Union. During the fall and spring semesters, they’re open Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5 pm and closed on Saturday and Sunday. They offer limited hours in the summer. You can visit the UAH Campus bookstore for textbooks, apparel, computers and more. Enter the UAH Online Bookstore powered by Barnes & Noble by going to

Still have questions?
256.824.6013 or