Non-Credit Internship or Cooperative Education Program

If you are interested in taking an internship or a cooperative education (co-op) program but do not have a senior standing, you are encouraged to enroll in an internship or co-op program through UAH Career Services. This is a great way for you to gain professional experience and prepare yourself for a communication internship course in your senior year. Click here to see the difference between internships and co-ops.

Eligibility Requirements

  • There are no minimum credit requirements to participate in co-ops and internships through the Career Services but at least a sophomore standing is recommended
  • Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA for undergraduate students and 3.0 cumulative GPA for graduate students
  • Have a complete Charger Path profile including an uploaded and approved resume


  • You will gain professional experience that increases your marketability.
  • Your internship experience will be indicated on your transcript.
  • There is no tuition for participating in a non-credit internship or co-op program.
  • If you decide or are required to work full-time on your internship or co-op program for a semester, you can do so while remaining eligible for campus services such as your scholarship, library services, housing, or fitness center.

Points to Consider

  • Make sure you will be able to fulfill the job requirements before you apply. Some jobs require communication knowledge or skills you will develop after taking more advanced courses.
  • Working and studying simultaneously requires a high degree of responsibility and time management. Plan well and stay attentive so that you can perform well both at work and school as well as graduate in a timely manner.

How to Participate

  • You will be locating and applying for your own internship. Explore these job openings and job search channels.
  • Once you find an internship of your interest, contact the Career Coordinator for the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences, Ms. Laura Taylor at, to register. Ms Taylor can also help you with your resume and cover letter.
  • You must register and get an approval from the Career Services before you start your internship or co-op program.