Information for Students
Who is eligible to take a deferred final exam?
Any student who has an excused absence from a final examination and approval from the instructor may complete that missed exam on the deferred examination date.
How do I arrange to take a deferred exam?
You must arrange the appointment directly with your instructor. Once confirmed, the instructor will then provide the examination and instructions to Testing Services.
When are the deferred exam test dates?
Exam dates and times are posted on our calendar.
If I missed more than one final exam, can I take them all on the deferred exam test date?
No, a student may defer only one exam per semester. If you need to take more than one missed exam, you will need to make arrangements with your instructors.
Can I reschedule a deferred final exam if I have a conflict with the date and time?
Testing Services cannot reschedule deferred finals. All rescheduling must be arranged directly with the instructor.
What should I bring with me to the test?
In addition to photo identification, examinees should bring any instructor-approved testing aids such as calculators, notes, etc. Unapproved items will not be permitted in the exam room.
Information for Instructors
- Exams must be provided to Testing Services during final exam week.
- Instructors are not permitted to send the exam through campus mail.
- An instruction sheet must be included with the exam.
- Completed examinations are available for pickup by the faculty member or the department on or before the Tuesday following the deferred exam date.
- Exams, whether complete or incomplete, will not be returned through campus mail.
- Hits: 615