The transfer process can often times be an overwhelming and frustrating experience. To smooth the way for you to becoming a student at UAHuntsville, we have developed a checklist of things to do. This checklist is provided to help you meet each phase of the application and admission process.
Visiting campus is a must! If you have not yet visited UAHuntsville, we recommend that you call and set up an appointment as soon as possible. You have the opportunity to visit our campus Monday through Friday at either 10:00 am or 1:00 pm. To register for a campus visit, please call our office at (256) 824-2773 or 1-800-UAH-CALL or register online. During your campus visit, you will receive a general overview of UAH, covering admissions requirements, scholarship and financial aid information as well as academic areas and student life. A current UAHuntsville student will then lead you on a campus tour, where you will have the opportunity to visit a residence hall as well as other campus facilities. At your request, we can also schedule an appointment to meet with a faculty member in your selected major. Please call 256-824-2773 or 1-800-824-2255 to schedule your visit!
- Complete an Application for Admission. This can be done by filing out a paper application form, or by completing our online application. There is also a $30 application fee required which can be paid by check or credit card.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. These transcripts need to be sent directly to the Admissions Office. Our address is:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
117 Engineering Building
Huntsville, AL 35899
- If you have less than 24 credit hours, also have your high school send an official copy of your transcript directly to the Admissions Office. This will document your completion of high school and provide ACT or SAT scores. If your high school does not publish test scores on the transcripts, you must request an official score report from ACT or SAT to be sent to UAHuntsville.
- Once the Office of Admissions has received all required documents, an admissions decision will be made. Upon acceptance, you will be sent a letter verifying your status as an admitted student to UAHuntsville.
- After you have been admitted, your transcripts will be sent to your academic advisor. An official evaluation of credits will be emailed to you by the registrar’s office within your first semester at UAHuntsville.
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) should be completed as soon as possible after January 1st. If transferring in for the spring semester, have financial aid transferred from your previous school including loans, grants, and scholarships, and update your FAFSA with the UAHuntsville code, 001055.
- Scholarships specifically for transfer students are awarded based on the following criteria:
- MERIT SCHOLARSHIP - First-time regularly admitted transfer students who have demonstrated academic potential, leadership, and are members of Phi Theta Kappa will be given preference. Must have a cumulative college GPA of a 3.25 or higher to be considered. This award is currently valued at $1,000 + a $500 book stipend per year. It is a one-time award renewable up to one additional year.
- SUPER SCHOLAR SCHOLARSHIP - First-time regularly admitted transfer students who have demonstrated academic potential, leadership, and are members of Phi Theta Kappa will be given preference. Must have a cumulative college GPA of a 3.75 or higher to be considered. This award is currently valued at $2,000 + $500 book stipend per year. It is a one-time award renewable up to one additional year.
- Apply for campus housing. This can be done by filing out a paper application form, or by completing our online application. In addition to the application, you must submit a $125 application/commitment fee.
- Select a meal plan (required for residents of campus housing). Choose from a number of options allowing you to utilize the variety of dining opportunities.
- You are required to contact your academic advisor prior to registering for classes. Your advisor is assigned based on the college that houses your intended major.
College of Business (256) 824-6024
College of Engineering (256) 824-6877
College of Liberal Arts (256) 824-2867
College of Nursing (256) 824-6742
College of Science (256) 824-2505
General College Advising (256) 824-6290
Be sure to make your advising appointment early, as advisors are extremely busy during peak registration times.
- Register for COMPASS, UAHuntsville’s Orientation Program.