Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
What is the FE exam?
The FE covers subject matter taught in a typical EAC/ABET-accredited baccalaureate engineering program and covers a comprehensive range of subjects in engineering.
Who should take the FE exam?
It is required for anyone seeking professional licensure.
When is the FE administered?
It is given twice per year on select Saturdays in the spring and fall. See our testing calendar for this year's dates.
How long does the FE test last?
It is 8 hours in length.
What should I bring with me on test day?
You must present your admission authorization card and valid photo ID. Other items allowed in the testing room include:
- Calculator (List of permitted calculators available at www.ncees.org)
- FE supplied-reference handbook, which is provided at the test site
- Authorized pencils, which will be provided at test site.
- Small snacks
- Drinks are allowed, but must be kept on the floor under examinee's table
What items are prohibitted on test day?
- Cell phones and pagers are NOT allowed
- Pens, pencils and other materials brought by examinee
- Examinees will not be allowed to provide own pencils or erasers.
- No other books or materials allowed in testing room
How do I register to take the FE exam?
Register online at www.ncees.org.
Where can I learn more about the FE exam?
More information is available online at www.ncees.org/Exams/FE_exam.
- Hits: 1314