At each of our meetings, a member of the Society reads a short text in Latin, and provides his or her own translation. It is an opportunity for veterans to stay in touch with the language and to discuss points of grammar, and for newer members to learn from the experience of the older members.
For the summer term, the Society will begin meeting the first week of July. Members will then be assigned dates, and will read texts of their own choosing.
Readings from Past Semesters
On these pages are the texts of our weekly readings in Latin and English from past semesters.
- Spring 2006: Myths, Gods, and Men II
- Fall 2006: Myths, Gods, and Men
- Spring 2005: In Versibus Amor II: Later Latin Love Poetry
- Spring 2004: Ovid - Fasti
- Fall 2004: In Veribus Amor: Latin Love Poetry
- Fall 2003: Ovid - The Metamorphoses
- Fall 2002: Seneca, Lucan, Persius and Petronius
- Fall 2001: Catullus and Horace
- Spring 2000: MILITIA ROMANA BELLI RATIONES PER VIAM DURAM DOCETUR
- Summer 2000: STUDIA CICERONIS QUOMODO VIR EX LITTERIS SUIS APPARET
- Spring 1999: STUPEFACIENTIS LATIQUE ORBIS TERRARUM LATINI TRIBUS EX MILLENNIIS ULTIMIS HAUSTI STUDIUM
- Summer 1999: STUDIA CICERONIS QUOMODO VIR EX LITTERIS SUIS APPARET
- Fall 1999: LEGERE IN URBIS UMBRA OPERA HISTORICORUM