Summer Bridge Program
The Summer Bridge Program is a two-week effort designed to facilitate the transition of Alabama under-represented minority students from High School or community colleges to ALSAMP institutions where they have been accepted for the fall term. Students must be majoring in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM). The summer residency program for UAH students is held at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAHuntsville).
Program Components include:
Students participate in two weeks of academic preparation.
Career and Academic Counseling
Students receive both group and one-on-one career and academic counseling. Information on career opportunities in the sciences, government and industry are presented to students in required mini-sessions.
A well–designed freshman orientation program is provided with follow-up support, guidance and mentoring throughout the program. The concluding conference features a distinguished visiting guest speaker, student poster competitions in the areas of mathematics, English and essay writing.
Particpants of the summer bridge program will recieve:
- On campus housing in a Residence Hall
- A partial meal plan
- An opprortunity to recieve a scholarship for fall 2013
- One-on-one and group mentoring
- Participation in the ALSAMP 2014 poster compitition.
- Access to the Council of African American Faculty (CAAF)
- Access to additional workshops and seminars throughout the academic year
2013 UAH Summer Bridge Participants
- Hits: 1873