(a) The Dean of Students or designee has the authority to take appropriate immediate action against a student who poses a significant danger of imminent or serious physical harm to himself/herself or others at the University, or where the Dean of Students determines that an emergency exists which affects the health, safety, or welfare of a student or the University community.
- Emergency Measures include but are not limited to, one or more of the following:
- Interim Suspension. A student under interim suspension may not attend classes, may not be on r come onto University property, may not participate in any University activities or organizations, and may not use University facilities, equipment, or resources.
- Interim Suspension for University Housing. A student under interim suspension from University Housing may not reside in University Housing and may not come into University Housing facilities and/or adjacent areas of University Housing.
- If the Dean of Students determines that other interim measures are more appropriate to protect the health, safety, or welfare of the student or the University community, the Dean of Students may:
- restrict or bar attendance of any or all classes;
- restrict or bar access or contact with individuals;
- restrict or bar access to University property, places, facilities, or equipment;
- restrict or ban participation in University activities or organizations; or
- otherwise restrict or ban access to University resources or conduct.
(b) A student subject to Emergency Measures shall be furnished:
- Written notice of the Emergency Measure and the reason(s) for the action.
- The opportunity to participate in disciplinary proceedings or to present relevant information for consideration of his/her case.
(c) Emergency Interim Measures may be taken at any time prior to the conclusion of the University Disciplinary process including during the appeal process.
(d) A Dean of Students hold on registration may immediately be placed on all students who have Emergency Measures taken against them, which prevents the student from accessing, changing, or altering his/her course registration and/or admission status.